I have a whole pile of videos on my external HD. How can I browse through the videos without having to navigate through all folders? This question triggered me to write a small app that builds an index file for my videos. Now I can add descriptions to each video in the generated index file.
Quick steps to a solution
First you need to run the generator application, then follow these steps:
- Locate the source folder (where the videos are stored)
- Define if you want to search for files in underlaying folders (recursive)
- Define what files you want to include (based on file extension)
- Specify a title (for your index file)
- Specify a sub title (optional sub title for index file)
- Go and generate the index file (the file will open when successfully generated)
Try this application at your own risk.